Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The mysteries of Paris


Baudelaire wrote that the shape of a city changes faster, alas, than the human heart, but in truth, the days of Haussmann are over. Paris has achieved a sense of equilibrium, and one can walk past the same buildings and shops, look in the windows, and see that what has changed are the vintages on the wines.

New producers sprout, too, though. Fittingly, while in recent days I have come back to favorites (last night's 2007 Graillot Crozes-Hermitage was fresh and lithe, just like I like it), there has also been room for discovering new fodder, including this interesting Chambolle-Musigny, pictured. Unfortunately, the photo's too dim for me – dim, too, it would seem – to read the producer's name any more.

But, oh well; there will be new finds. And of course, I know where I found it, so I can find it again.

4 comments:

Vinotas said...

No Allemand Cornas?

Mesa de Baco said...

I love Crozes-Hermitage and recently we had a degustation meeting in ABS-Rio (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). Congratulations!

Sharon said...

Vinotas, not yet! Soon, I hope. I've been sidetracked by bubbles, of late. (Not too bad a fate, as it happens.)

M d B, what was the consensus?

Robin said...

Great stuff. I'm going to have to read it again to make sure I got it all.
Wine gifts